Snickerdoodles and Recipe

Whenever I don't have a recipe or don't have the time for any mess ups I always turn to Martha lol. For me Martha Stewart recipes are always great and fool proof. I have never made snickerdoodles before and after 3 years of me making all these detailed cookies for my boyfriend he tells me he loves snickerdoodles ahhh you mean i could have been making these instead lol



Here is the recipe from Martha here , I Adjusted it a little my version is as follows


3 cups of flour

2 tsp cream of tarter

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 stick of butter(unsalted)

1/2 cup of shortening

1 3/4 cup of sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon

2 eggs


Preheat your over to 400 degrees Move the rack to the middle

Line your baking sheets for parchment paper or silpat


Sift flour ,baking soda,salt,and cream of tarter in a separate bowl

Cream butter shortening and 1 1/2 cup of sugar together ,add eggs one at a time

Add dry ingredients in 2 parts mix well.


In another bow mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon with a spoon mix well

Take your dough and roll into balls about 1 1/2 inches i used my cookie scooper i use the one found here its great its great for chocolate chip cookies to.


Place onto your parchment sheets and bake for 10 min or until they start to crack. Martha says to rotate them half way through but i didn't have the time to and they still came out great so i would just say it depends on how your oven cooks.


Let cool and enjoy!

Comments

  1. i LOVE snickerdoodles. so simple and delicious!
    xo,
    minibaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for the MS recipe for simple sugar cookies - they are excellent! Also - I've never met a Mrs. Fields cookie I didn't love - get her cookie cookbook and try a few - I just tried MF's cinnamon sugar butter cookies yesterday ... wow!

    Happy baking, Katie from
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com
    p.s....I wish I had a portion of your talent for decorating cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Popular Posts