A step back in time , to the movie theaters

If you know me then you know how much i adore old buildings and places that feel like they haven't changed in fifty years . Saturday night me and my best friend decided to go see dark shadows at the movies. While looking online i found a place 5 min from my house for $5.75 yes $5.75 lol and it wasn't the afternoon either. It's called Cedar Lane Cinemas in Teaneck NJ. So we headed for the 10 o clock show. Walking up to the place i knew this place was around for awhile it opened in 1939. We walked into the place and it looks like it hasn't changed much since then and when we walked into the theater there was an old man playing the organ! amazing! lol

Sadly it was late and I didn't think to snap any pics till we were on the way out so I only have one.


I wish there were more places like this around here. What about you does anyone have any local places like this to share?

Oh p.s despite the bad reviews i read on dark shadows we really enjoyed it although there were some parts that should have been cut out lol


Comments

Popular Posts