Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil Review and Recipe Coconut Cupcakes

I recently was sent a jar of  gold label virgin coconut oil from Tropical Traditions to try out. I have actually never used coconut oil before . I love coconut so I was really excited for this. When i got the jar i was surprised how big the jar was lol normally you get something mini to try out . They even come in buckets for those of you who own bakeries or restaurants. The constancy was unexpected , when i heard oil i thought it would be liquid form but it was solid. I heard you can melt it in the microwave . It smelled really good so it was time to try it out and bake with it.
 I went with a classic coconut cupcake and added a twist with white chocolate and raspberry frosting.

White Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes with Raspberry frosting

Makes about 24 

1/2 cup of unsalted butter  
1/2 cup of tropical traditions gold label virgin coconut oil
1 cup of sugar
2 tbsp of white chocolate extract ( i didn't have any white chocolate on hand )
2 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
4 eggs
2 cups of self rising flour

Beat butter sugar and eggs, then add vanilla,coconut oil,and white chocolate extract. Beat in flour on low one cup at a time adding a tbsp of milk for each cup .
Fill cupcake liners bake at 350 for 15 min or till toothpick comes out clean
Let cool 

While cooling make the frosting
1 stick of unsalted butter
8 oz of cream cheese 
1/4 cup of fresh raspberries or  or raspberry jam you can substitute with  1 tbsp raspberry extract also
pinch of salt
3-4 cups of confection sugar
Beat softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl beat in raspberries then sugar one cup at a time on low. add in pinch of salt. You can add pink food coloring like i did on mine if you want them more vibrant

The result yumm!!
I had my aunt the resident coconut lover try them as well , they were really good and had more of a real coconut flavor to it then when you use extract in coconut cupcakes. The one thing i would add as an afterthought would be to melt the oil before mixing it into the extract it will make the cupcakes more moist.

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

I will be posting a giveaway of one of these jars very soon so keep a look out!


Comments

  1. These look and sound fantastic! I love coconut, raspberry, and chocolate :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Popular Posts