Lime crime hair color review


Hey guys! I know I don't post very much but I've been planning this post for while so I'm excited to finally write it. Ive been dying my hair since I was 16 I've had so many disasters in trying to get the colors I wanted without bleaching my hair. I finally took the plunge a few years ago and just up and bleached my whole head on my own. I was lucky I have strong hair so I don't recommend doing this on your own without experience . Anyhow since then its been a never ending struggle of finding vivid fun semi permanent colors that will stay in my hair long enough . Ive used about 10 different brands but up until recently the only one that worked well was a one called adore. The problem with adore though it was very messy and dried out my hair when using it.



This past year the makeup brand Lime Crime finally put out their own hair color line called unicorn hair. I've been an avid fan of their matte lipsticks for years now so I was so excited to try their hair color. As soon as they were released I think at 3 am i ordered my first jar in the color pony. Ive had purple hair for the past 3 years but it was difficult to find a pink purple and not a blue purple which i preferred so this looked perfect.


(Fresh dye on the left a few washes on the right)

As I was waiting on my package to come I decided to check out the reviews on influenster .
I was getting really nervous because they were pretty bad it was a lot of it didn't stick to my hair and it washed out after one wash type of stuff so I was a bit freaked out. When it arrived though I experienced something much different from what I was reading. The color turned out gorgeous and unlike the other color I was using my hair felt really soft afterward .
The real test though was time and washes and seeing how it faded. By 3 weeks it had faded but it faded to a nice light pink color so I was very happy with these results.


Just before Christmas I decided I needed a change in color so I decided to go bright red. I ordered up another color from Lime crime called Valentine . This one was actually even better than pony and it went right over my faded out purple with no issues and I didn't have to do a bleach bath either. This one stayed vibrant for well over a month , the color didn't fade out till my roots were almost 3 inches grown out.  So all in all I'm sold on Lime crime hair color at least for the shades I picked.
By the way I just want to add this is not a sponsored post I paid for everything with my own money and these are my honest opinions . Before I go I just want to leave you with some tips to keep your color longer. 
(Fresh dye)


Tip #1 Always I mean always wash your hair with cold water, the hot water takes more color out. If you can't stand the cold water in the shower wash your hair in the sink.

Tip # 2 Try to wash your hair only once a week, I know this sounds gross but It helps so much and over time its helped my hair become less greasy . Dry shampoo should be your new best friend .

Tip # 3 Mix in some of your hair dye with your conditioner.  It will keep adding color during each wash . They do conditioner with color in it but I haven't wanted to spend the $30 on it .

Any questions you have feel free to leave a comment I'm happy to help.



Comments

Popular Posts