Interview With Off With Her Head







I had the privilege of receiving one of the lovely Facsicnators from Off With Her Head for a review and i did a little interview with the lovely lady behind the amazing hats and fascinators



How did you decide the name of your shop any interesting back stories?
Off With Her Head came along by accident. Originally we were called Queen of Hearts. I've always been a huge Alice in Wonderland fan and the name originated from the character there. We'd had the web address www.offwithherhead.co.uk and at an event a couple of years ago the organisers had put us on the promo material under the website name and it kind of stuck with people. I think its quite a memorable name and really suits the business while still keeping my Alice theme alive!!

Why did you decide to open up a shop?
I had begun by making hats for myself. I made myself a beautiful Victorian Style Riding Hat to wear at the Whitby Gothic Weekend and people I met kept asking where they could get one for themselves. So I decided to take orders for them, and the business just grew from there. I've learned a lot more skills since then and really love making my hats and fasciantors for other people. So I decided to open the shop to allow more people to see my work! I really love the community spirit that Etsy embodies!

What kinda things can we find in your shop?
Anything you could wear on your head I suppose. I make vintage inspired pieces, hats and fascinators as well as hair accessories and sell vintage finds such as head scarfs and hats. I'm also branching out into some jewelry and bags using some of the skills I've developed through millinery. I've got a new Bridal Range that I'm designing at the moment which should be unveiled some time in April. I'm working on the Summer Range which will feature more pillboxes in bright and pastel shades and some fantastic little polka dot fascinators. I'm also keen to undertake custom work for clients. At the moment I'm working on a phoenix inspired headpiece for a customer. I also enjoy making costume replicas... I've just finished my own take on the Alice in Wonderland 'Madhatter' hat which is available now in our Etsy store!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself?
Well... I'm a 32 year old Capricorn! I have a huge collection of hats both vintage and handmade. I live in a little coastal town in Fife, Scotland with my fiance Alan and our half Siamese cat Mowgli. we're expecting our first child (a little girl) in July 2010! And when I'm not making hats I have a 'real life job', I'm a nurse!

Do you like to travel where your favorite place youve ever been?
I LOVE to travel... Its so hard for my to choose my favourite place I've been to. I've been lucky enough to travel to Pittsburgh PA, Finand, Denmark and Paris, France to name a few of my favourites. But I think actually my favourite place is not too far from home... Glastonbury in Somerset. Its a very magical place, with lots of amazing memories for me and my fiance!

If you could have dinner with any 3 people dead or alive who would they be and why?
Fantastic question!! Well... I'd definitely have to include Marylin Monroe, she was an amazing style icon and I'd love to ask her exactly how she died! Then there would have to be Vivienne Westwood. I'm a huge fan of her designs! And finally... It'd be Dita Von Tease... she's just amazing!



You can also find her on etsy here .


I got this adorable cherry fascinator but of course my camera is dead so I'll have to post pics wearing it when it charges and stops raining outside

I love this hat don't you so beautiful!



Comments

  1. Oh my gosh I love that one you love! Gorgeous! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite hats....and what an awesome name! I would have went for "the mad hatter" myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Popular Posts