Pies Pies Pies

Hey everyone so it's been awhile since i have posted anything so first I want to address that. If you have been watching the news last month you saw all the stuff on about hurricane Sandy . Well we lost our power for 11 days and had no cell service for about 5 of those. My uncle who lives here at my moms house also was one of the victims of the storm and it was a hard time trying to plan a funeral arrangements without power or phones. It took awhile for us all to get back into out regular routines and between that and getting out of a 4 year relationship I haven't been in the mood for any blogging. 

I really want to start again and will try and post as much as i can this month but It's going to be a super busy time for me lots of baking for parties and gifts and some orders. So on a lighter note lets move onto pies!

The first pie of the fall season i made was this apple pie , i made from the apples we got when we went apple picking . I also made another pie with cookie crumb made from my shortbread cookies but I ended up making the pie during the storm at my moms friends house and never got a picture of it but I will have to share the recipe soon since it came out so yummy!


For Thanksgiving I made a pecan pie because its my favorite of all pies.
I call this the 5lb pecan pie i used about 3 bags of pecans in it. I have a really big pet peeve about most pecan pies and that is they only have a layer of pecans on the top. Meaning your eating a fork full of sugar glaze syrup with a pecan or two thrown in. This pie is full of calories so i recommend making it about once a year but it was amazing. I also topped it with caramel .

Here's a look inside the pie at all the pecans lol 

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great start to the holiday season.
Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what kind of pies you have made or are planning to make for the holiday season?

Comments

  1. We have SO much catching up to do! I hope my letter reached you safely.

    Strangely enough, I don't eat much pie! I've always wanted to eat a strawberry pie, because they're y favorite. Pecan pie is a staple here in GA and it's just like you say -- a layer of goo and pecans on top. (Believe it or not I've only had it once in my life!!) Yours looks MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Popular Posts