Diy Friday Decoupage Light Switch Covers

Here is one of the projects I have been working on for my moms place. I didn't want to just paint them a color and I didn't want to pay $10 per cover so i figured i would pick up some pretty paper and break out the modge podge lol.
Here's what you will need

Modge podge (i used glossy finish)
white light switch covers $1 each( i would recommend using wood if you can find them )
12x12 scrap book paper( no glitter kinds it makes it harder lol )
exact of knife
sponge brush or medium sized paint brush


If your using your old switch covers clean them first.
Measure and cut the paper you need ahead of time it goes faster this way.
A big tip if your using metal switch covers is brush on back of paper and cover and let sit for 30-60 seconds till it gets tacky this will help it from sliding all over the place.
Put on paper and smooth down edges and let dry for about 15 min.
Now brush on your first layer if you wanna slather it on make sure you smooth it out so it doesn't dry lumpy,
Do about 5 or 6 coats let dry about 15-20 min between each coat
Let dry overnight then put them up!
A fun way to add a pop of color and pattern to a white wall

If you have any questions or problems with this let me know in the comments I'll be happy to answer them for you . Also link me if you decide to try it yourself I'd love to see it.
Have a great weekend Kittens!

Comments

  1. What a great idea, and I LOVE the pattern on the paper you used!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Popular Posts